Monday, August 23, 2010

SLVNews Subject of SC Sentinel Story


On Sunday the Santa Cruz Sentinel ran a story in their "Extra" section headlined:
SLV News to debut with local mountain stories


The online edition ran this headline:
SLV News to debut with local stories in San Lorenzo Valley




I appreciate the attention.  I thought Pacific Grove freelance writer John Sammon did a nice job of describing what we are attempting. I've got a couple of comments:  We are SLVNews.Net or SLVNews for short - get rid of that extra space.  Also John wrote (and I probably gave him the wrong impression)  "SLV News will seek to avoid sensationalistic news, crime, tragedy and celebrity-gossip pieces."  which is mostly true but  I'm pretty sure we won't be able to avoid "crime and tragedy",  we'll keep our fingers crossed though.  You can read the whole story here.

As soon as the Sentinel posts a story online the agregators and search engines begin spreading the news.  Here are a couple of my favorite mentions which appeared on Twitter (note the tag at the end in the first)

My_Face_Book SLV News to debut with local stories                      in SanLorenzo Valley http://nxy.in/15q90 [Gossip]noshamenews NoShameNews.com: : SLV News to debut with local stories in San Lorenzo Valley - Santa Cruz Sentinelhttp://bit.ly/9v0F45






  

No comments:

Post a Comment