Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Update From Eric Hammer Re Election Results

Eric Hammer just sent this letter to his friends, neighbors and supporters:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am still catching my breath from the results of last night's election, but I wanted to thank each and every one of you who supported the campaign. It has been an amazing experience - and it's not over yet!
I wanted to give you a quick update, as the results are so close (26 votes) that there are a lot of questions out there.
There are still thousands and thousands of absentee and provisional ballots to be counted. In other words, it's simply too close to tell. They are still counting all the absentee ballots that were received either in the mail, over the counter or at the polls on election day. And the provisional will take even longer. Anyone who moved, or their signature does not quite match, or their name changed - there are countless reasons why a ballot is put in the provisional pile, but they need to research each and every one to ensure that everyone possible can have their vote count.
There may be an update this Friday or at the beginning of next week, but the results will not be official for 28 days - December 4th. I will keep you posted as we get new information.
So hang in there with me! Things are looking good, but we have to be patient.
Thanks again for all the support, hard work and effort that got us this far. I cannot tell you how much it means to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment