Candidates' Forum April 11
Important Supervisorial Race!
YOUR Vote Will Count!
The Valley Women's Club's twenty-five-year tradition of offering 5th District voters the opportunity to see and hear candidates' for local and state offices continues Wednesday, April 11 at 7 pm in the Performing Arts Center at SLV High School.
The 5th District boundaries are virtually identical to the San Lorenzo River Watershed – highlighting the importance of choosing a Supervisor who values our beautiful and fragile environment and understands the complexities of our communities.
All Candidates for 5th District Supervisor have been invited to come present their qualifications and viewpoints – and to answer questions posed by those attending. The Candidates currently include (in alphabetical order) Eric Hammer, Bruce McPherson, Bill Smallman, and Susan Weber. It should be a very exciting forum with so many important issues riding on the election.
The evening will be co-sponsored by The League of Women Voters, who will organize the questions, moderate and do the timing, and Community Television of Santa Cruz should be filming the event for multiple showings up to the election. Students from SLV High School will be assisting the VWC and the League of Women Voters in conducting the event.
- Attendees are offered cards and pens, encouraged to write questions, and then turn them in to students, for League Members to organize, assuring a wide range of representative questions is addressed to the Candidates.
- VWC President, Nancy Gerdt, welcomes everyone, introduces/thanks co-sponsors and participants, and turns the Forum over to League of Women Voters' Moderator and Timer.
- Moderator invites Candidates to introduce selves for a set time.
- Moderator presents questions -- each Candidate to address each question in turn, for set time.
- Finally, each Candidate will have a few minutes to sum up.
An Information Table will be available for Candidates to provide brochures, issues statements and other information. No signs or other electioneering will be allowed inside the hall.
There will be refreshments available.
We are very grateful to the League of Women Voters, CTVSC, and SLV High School, and to the voters of the 5th District for their participation.
(Important Note: while active in governmental affairs and on issues pertaining to our Mission, the VWC, as a 501-c-3 nonprofit organization, may not and does not endorse individuals running for office.)
VWC | Community Connection Committee:
'via Blog this'