SLVUSD will also be offering the transitional kinder opportunity to four year olds whose birthdays are in December, January, and February. Registration is now open to all eligible students. While funding and space are limited at this time the District hopes to add as many students as space allows.
TK classes are available for eligible four-year-old students whose birthdate falls between December 2011 and February 2012, and possibly into March 2012, depending on enrollment.
The following priority will be given in filling seats for TK and ETK:
- TK eligible students will have priority enrollment into the TK
- Four year olds who will turn five between September 2nd - December 2nd (per Ed. Code 48000)
- Then ETK eligible students will have priority enrollment based on their month of birth.
- First Priority: Four year olds who will turn five in December
- Second Priority: Four year olds who will turn five in January
- Third Priority: Four year olds who will turn five in February
- Fourth Priority: Four year olds who will turn five in March
A TK Parent Meeting is planned for August 2016 to welcome students and parents to TK.
Please note: both of these programs are not mandated by the state and are at the sole discretion of each individual district. In addition, transportation will not be provided for TK/ETK."