PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT FROM THE COUNTY OF SANTA CRUZ
HEALTH SERVICES AGENCY
ADVICE TO CONSUMERS• Do not eat recalled “Townsend Farms Organic Anti-Oxidant Blend” of frozen berries and discard remaining product from your freezers. This product was sold at Costco in 3 lb. Bags with the UPC 07841440448.
• Even if some of the product has been eaten without anyone in your home becoming ill, the rest of the product should be discarded.
• If you consumed this product in the last two weeks, contact your health care provider to find out if you should be vaccinated.
• If you don’t have a health care provider or health insurance or are under-insured, you can go to the walk-in Immunization Clinic (for vaccine only, not for medical care) at 1080 Emeline, Santa Cruz or 9 Crestview Dr. in Watsonville to receive a low cost or free HAV vaccination. Walk-in hours are 1:30pm to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday in Santa Cruz and 1:00pm to 4:00pm in Watsonville.
• If you have had HAV in the past or if you have been vaccinated against HAV, you are unlikely to become ill with the disease.
• Call the CDC INFO line at 1-800-232-4636 for specific questions about HAV.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HAVIf you consumed this product longer than two weeks ago, watch for these symptoms:
• Yellow eyes or skin
• Abdominal pain
• Pale stools
• Dark urine
Illness can occur within 15-50 days after eating contaminated food, with an average range of 28-30 days.
• Visit www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/CommunicableDiseaseOutbreaks.aspx
• Visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/